Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Amazing Cast for The Counselor

I've made it known before on this blog that I love me some Cormac McCarthy. He's one of the greatest American authors working today, and any project that sees him put pen to paper is noteworthy. In previous posts, I have talked about the HBO adaptation of McCarthy's play, The Sunset Limited, which hit Blu-Ray a few months ago, told you that McCarthy sold an awesome-sounding spec script titled The Counselor, and that Sir Ridley Scott was making the new script his next directorial project.

Cormac McCarthy
The film is about a lawyer who decides to try his hand dabbling in the drug trade. Knowing McCarthy's work (The Road, No Country for Old Men, Blood Meridian), this arrangement will not go well for the lawyer or those around him.

Now that Prometheus has been released (and is an amazing experience; go see it!), Sir Scott can begin turning his attention the McCarthy script. There is a lot of buzz coming out this week about casting announcements for the film. We knew Michael Fassbender was part of the film, but now Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem, and Penelope Cruz have been added to the cast. That is a great cast no matter what, and I can't wait to see who gets brought on board next.

Sir Ridley Scott
Needless to say, I'm growing more excited about this project with every bit of news that comes out. It will definitely make my list of most anticipated films of 2013, and it might be at the top. The prospect of a McCarthy-written script hitting the big screen, directed by a visionary filmmaker, with an all-star cast is almost too much to take. It's going to be a long wait until this film hits.

I'll be keeping you updated with every nugget of information about this project that I can dig up over the next several months.

Are you excited about this combination of master story teller, master director, and master thespians? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment