Monday, June 18, 2012

Guns N Roses gear auction

I'm what you might call a Guns N' Roses fan. I love seeing those guys in concert and have traveled throughout the United States to see them play. I caught them in Las Vegas 2001, Jacksonville, Florida 2006, Chicago 2011, and, most recently, New York City 2012. I would be traveling in Europe to see them on their current tour had I the time or the money to do so.

Up close and personal in NYC
Predictably, I have quite a bit of Gn'R gear. Various t-shirts, posters on the wall, coffee mug, those sorts of things. I try to not go overboard with my Gn'R purchases, but I just might now.

The Guns crew are clearing out some warehouse space by auctioning off some of the gear they take out on the road. You can see the list of the gear available on eBay here:

Guns N' Roses gear!

When I say gear, I mean actual equipment and essentials they use out on the road. We're not talking about stashes of old t-shirts or posters from previous tours. Right now, it's several cases used to haul wardrobe, drum kits, amps, guitars, and such between venues.


The auction will cary on for a while as they move stuff out and will supposedly get more diverse over time. Amplifiers, keyboards, racks, cases, staging, props, backdrops, pedal boards, guitar effects, and more will be coming up in the following days. Apparently, this stuff is legitimate, though you won't get anything autographed and it won't come with a certificate of authenticity. I can say, having seen these cases being wheeled around as they set up for shows, that what is shown looks like the real deal.

Personally, this stuff is more exciting to me than a t-shirt. This is the gear they actually use to put on shows, which are loud and flashy and awesome. I'll be keeping an eye on what's offered, and I'll let you know if anything particularly awesome comes up.

What Gn'R gear do you want to see auctioned off? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment