Saturday, March 3, 2012

Completely insane The Raid: Redemption trailer

I showed you a trailer a few days ago for a totally nuts Indonesian martial arts film called The Raid that will be coming out toward the end of March.

It turns out that film has changed it's name to The Raid: Redemption and has just released a new trailer that seems to capture the story and fighting elements better than the trailer I shared last week. Have a look.


The more I see about this film, the more convinced I am that the Indonesian fighting style of silat is a painful beast. Who are these guys who willingly get the snot beat out of them? I mean, that stuff HAS to hurt no matter how choreographed it is, right? It might not have the flourish of Thai boxing or the kinetic energy of parkour, but it looks like it has plenty of nastiness to make a great fighting movie.

What do you think? Interested in watching Indonesians send each other to the hospital? Let me know in the comments below. While you're at it, follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment