Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Avengers marketing ramps up

The Avengers will be one of the biggest hits of 2012. There's little dispute about that. The only question is where it will fit in with The Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit, and The Amazing Spiderman. Personally, I predict it will come in behind TDK:R and slightly ahead of The Hobbit with something in the neighborhood of $275 domestic. That's in millions of dollars, btw. The Avengers will be one of the first blockbuster films out this year as it's scheduled to hit on May 4.

Advertising is gaining steam for the film. A new poster and trailer have been released in the past couple of weeks.


Looks good to me. It has all the major players striking suitably heroic poses in a war torn city. It reminds me of a comic book cover, which is appropriate. I'd hang that on my wall.

There also is a new trailer that sets up the Avengers assembling against a common and familiar enemy.


So, yeah. There's little doubt that I'll be there opening night. That certainly looks like a big-time movie.

What about you? Think this is opening night or midnight release material? Let me know in the comments below. And while you're at it, follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment