Saturday, May 26, 2012

Street Fightin' Man

I don't normally write about video games. I like to play them as much as the next guy, but I seldom find the popular shooters and role playing games I prefer interesting enough to write about. Nobody wants to hear about my excitement for the next Call of Duty; you are all excited too. I especially don't write about fighting games. I've never been a huge fan of the genre, and I get my fix with the occasional Mortal Kombat game.

But, this is really cool and sounds like an amazing deal.

Capcom's Street Fighter franchise turns 25 this year. It's one of the longest running and most storied fighting franchises around. Capcom is releasing a limited edition, blowout collection to celebrate.


This impressive collection contains the following:

  • Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
  • Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Costumes for Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter X Tekken 
  • 11 discs of soundtracks
  • Blu-Ray of documentaries
  • Blu-Ray of Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter anime films
  • Blu-Ray of the Street Fighter and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
  • 64-page art book
  • 8-inch Ryu statue
  • Ryu martial arts belt
  • Certificate of authenticity

All of that for $149.00. That's actually quite cheap for a special edition these days. Consider that the Street Fighter X Tekken game alone costs $50. They also are sponsoring a $500,000 tournament across the U.S.

Fighting fans should probably jump all over this.

Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter if you're going to be a street fightin' man!

No comments:

Post a Comment