Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom Trailer

Wes Anderson is The Man. Fantastic Mr. Fox is one of my all-time favorite films (a list I should put together one day for the blog now that I think of it), and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is practically required viewing for anyone in the marine science field. His films are funny, quirky, and incredibly smart.

His next film comes out in May. It's called Moonrise Kingdom, and it's about a boy and girl who run away for love.


Naturally, it's way more complicated and quirky than that. There is the typical Anderson-inspired bizarro imagery (the treehouse in the sky is pretty rad), cute characters, and fun dialog. It has all of the required Anderson actors including Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, and Tilda Swinton, and it also features Ed Norton, Bruce Willis, and Harvey Keitel. Solid cast as usual, Anderson. I can't wait to see the whole thing. Keep a lookout for Moonrise Kingdom on May 16, 2012.

A new Wes Anderson film get your juices flowing? Let me know in the comments below and follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment