Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lawless Trailer

There is a new film coming by John Hillcoat, the director who brought us The Road and The Proposition, called Lawless. The film is an adaptation of a book titled The Wettest County in the World and centers around a family of moonshiners in the Virginia mountains during the prohibition era. The film stars a heavyweight cast including Tom Hardy, Shia Labeouf, Guy Pierce, Gary Oldman, Jessica Chastain, and a whole host of others.


Yeah, that gets me excited. Hillcoat directed a well-shot, atmospheric, and moody film with The Road. The film didn't turn out so great, but the problems with it rested squarely on the script, not with the direction. I've heard good things about The Proposition, though it is admittedly sitting near the top of my unwatched Blu-Ray pile. Perhaps I'll move it to the top of the queue.

We know the actors are good, the director has talent, and the trailer looks like a cool gangster flick. Keep an eye out for this one in August.

Are you excited for a prohibition era gangster shoot-'em-up? Let me know in the comments below and follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment