Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Guns N' Roses take over Las Vegas


If you’ve followed my blog for very long, then you’ll know that one of my favorite bands is Guns N’ Roses. I love traveling to new and exciting cities to see them perform and have visited Chicago and New York City in the past year to see them play (read about my adventures in those cities by clicking the links).

It looks like I will be having a new Gn’R adventure soon.

Guns N’ Roses will be taking over The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, NV in November. They will be playing 12 dates from October 31 to November 24, mostly on Wednesday and the weekends.


Tickets range from a $250 VIP package that includes one general admission ticket, a lithograph, a laminate, and a meet and greet with members of the band to $65 balcony seats. Guess which package I just got.

The meet and greets are pretty cool from what I understand. Axl, who is of course the face of band, doesn’t generally stick around for long, but the other members of the band typically hang out for a while. It’s a chance to rub elbows with legit rock stars for a few hours.

Here is the list of show dates:

Wednesday, October 31 (Halloween shows are predictably crazy. Dress up!)
Friday, November 2
Saturday, November 3
Wednesday, November 7
Friday, November 9
Saturday, November 10
Wednesday, November 14
Saturday, November 17
Sunday, November 18
Wednesday, November 21
Friday, November 23
Saturday, November 24

Here is the link to the band’s site where you can buy tickets.

Tourism to Vegas in general is down from previous years. That means you can score flights and stay at a fairly nice hotel for reasonable rates. Since the shows are a couple of months out, there is plenty of time to make plans. I actually saw these guys perform at The Joint in Las Vegas back in 2001. It was my first Gn’R concert and my first time away in a strange city by myself, so that will be a hard experience to match. But, I’ve never met any of the band, so that’s going to be sweet.

Early sale is on now for fans of the band, and the general public sale starts Friday, August 17, 2012 at 10am.

Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter if you’re going. Specifically if you’re going on November 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment